This is a time when we all need to cling a little tighter to the promises of God. Uncertainty might surrounds us but God never changes. Here’s a printable for you and your kids to help you remember the simple, but powerful promises of God as shown in His word.
When things get rough we have two really helpful tools that we can use to ground us and to sustain us. Both have to do with remembering.
Remember who God is
Our lives can start to feel a bit upended when we forget who God is. Reflecting on His promises reminds us of His character.
- He will never leave me because His is omnipresent (present everywhere)
- He can help me because He is powerful
- He will always love me because He IS love
- He is my resting place because He never sleeps or slumbers
Remember who you are
Troubles also have a way of making us forget who we are. It’s easy to see why God would keep His promises to us when we remember our true identity.
- I am loved because I am His child
- I am protected by God because I am His treasured possession
- I am important to Him because my salvation was bought at a high price
Ultimately, faith is acting on the trust that you have in God even when you may have doubts. That trust comes from knowing who He is and who we are in Him. Claim these promises today as a family and let your roots be firmly grounded in their truths.