Luke 6:43-45 says, “No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thorn bushes, or grapes from briers. A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”
It is easy to identify a tree by the type of fruit that is produced. And what is true for trees is true for people.
We are excited to offer in our store a set of original printables that can be used to encourage your children to practice the fruits of the Spirit as they fill their tree with “good fruit” everyday. This is a great alternative to a typical behavior chart as it focuses on inner, godly character and not just outward behavior.
This three-page printable includes:
1) A coloring page with an empty tree and Galatians 5:22-23.
2) A set of the 9 Fruits of the Spirit (that can also be colored) and instructions on how to use the set.
3) A Fruit of the Spirit description page with a definition, Bible passage and examples for each of the different fruits of the Spirit.
How to use it:
1) Have your children color and personalize their own tree and “fruit.”
2) Post the tree in a public space in your home.
3) Have your children cut out the fruit and store them in a jar or envelope nearby.
4) Read through the definitions of the fruits of the Spirit (which include concrete, kid-oriented examples) and make sure they understand what the fruit will look like in every day life.
5) Keep your eyes open for evidence of godly fruit. One you see it, point it out! Then have your child tape the appropriate fruit on the tree to keep track. Try to fill up the whole tree!
6) Print out one for every family member and work on it together! See if you can all be on the hunt for godly “fruit” during your week. Start a new one each week!
Note: Your printable will be delivered to your inbox after your payment has been received. If you wish to share this printable with others, please share the link, not the file. Thank you!